Thursday 18 November 2010

more and more circles

My struggle to get the local council to understand my predicament are still rumbling on.  Nearly a year ago the occupation therapist said I needed a shower.  Fine. Paperwork was completed, submitted approved. 
Then the Council came out to look at my house and said it also needed rewiring.  Okay.  Not.  Because you and I might think that rewiring means putting back what is already there, right?

Wrong.  Rewiring in this instance means having what the Council say you can have.  So... where I have had extra lights put in to help my poor eyesight, this would be made defunct.  I could have an electricity point in the hall or on the landing, not both.  I could have ONE power point in the bedroom.  My immersion heater would be defunct.  So would my washing machine which is outside in an outhouse because there is no room in the kitchen.

So.... the price of having a shower is little light, little power, no means of heating the water or washing my clothes.

One department talks to another.  One department ignores another.  Everyone ignores me.  And I'm not letting anyone start work until this is ironed out.  Telling me 'Oh, I'm sure it will all work out, have it done while there's still the money for it, ' is NOT  enough.   I don't want to wander round my house with a torch as the price for having a shower.

Neither is telling me, 'Well at least they've approved the shower.  You should be grateful for that.'

Because a hypothetical shower is no shower at all.  Rather like a hypothetical win on the lottery. 

Ho hum....

2 comments:

  1. Wankers.

    Sorry, that's the mood I'm in today. All eloquence deserts me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surfed in from Sue's blog...this doesn't fill me with a whole lot of confidence since that seems to be where I'm at right now. Washing in a sink, they're aware of it, they approved me for the Move On Assistant grant (bet no one told you bout that one?) but now I've a new OT - fourth one since August - who has never handled that kind of thing and now she wants to start the whole process from scratch. Took me seven months to get back to square one.

    Bog-it

    ReplyDelete