Saturday 15 October 2011

Getting Red Arrows....

I've always believed it is important to challenge sloppy journalism.  So I often comment on posts that really should never have got past their editor.    You know the sort of thing I mean, articles that spew out poor facts or made up facts or which basically judge a person on trial before a verdict comes in.

Lately I've been getting lots of red arrows, just for writing the truth.  But then the truth is a funny old thing, isn't it?  People don't really like the truth - they pay lip service to it, of course, but they don't like it.  Sometimes they even shoot the messenger.

Well, in certain newspapers, those that spew out prodigious amounts of lies and nonsense, I take the red arrow badge as a mark of honour.  I stood up for the truth and the best they could do was to try and mark me down.

Will I give up though?

Don't be silly. 

2 comments:

  1. Ah the Daily Mail, or as we call it the Daily Heil must be! free cars, DLA free TV's free food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, indeed. But the saddest thing is hearing people out in the streets just spouting this nonsense. Very depressing stuff. Still - I'll persevere!

    ReplyDelete